The experiment I have going at Arlington research station was featured in a short article by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It was subsequently picked up by a few other news outlets as far away as San Francisco. It was also featured briefly on Wisconsin Public Radio broadcasts. Hopefully this spotlight will help get pollinators and insect conservation on the minds of folks around the country who read these articles.
Thanks to Emily for writing a great article.
- Original Article: http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/uw-madison-scientists-seek-alternatives-to-cranberry-pollination-b99306192z1-266945911.html
- LaCrosse News Feature: http://www.news8000.com/news/influx-of-bees-could-kickstart-cranberry-crop/27006318
- MN Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/local/267496171.html
- Wisconsin Rapids Tribune: http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/story/news/2014/07/16/scientists-test-alternate-pollination-methods-cranberries/12759867/
- San Francisco Gate: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Scientists-test-methods-to-pollinate-cranberries-5627917.php
- Wisconsin Public Radio: http://www.wpr.org/usda-hopes-expand-honey-bee-habitats-wisconsin